Bahram Afsharmanesh received the B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran, in 2012 and the M.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, in 2014. He is currently working as a R&D specialist in noise and vibration at MAPNA Company, Karaj, Iran. His research interests are development of analytical, computational and experimental techniques applicable to the theory and practice of Mechanical Vibrations, Structural Dynamic, Structural Acoustics and Multidisciplinary field of Nanotechnology.
- 2012-2014:M.Sc., School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Sharif Technology (SUT)
- Thesis title: “Molecular Dynamics Simulation of the Dynamic Behavior of Nanoresonators”
- Supervisor:: Prof. H. Nejat Pishkenari
- GPA: 17.3/20
- 2008-2012: B.Sc., School of Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST)
- Thesis title: “Vibroacoustic analysis and response control of an annular sandwich electrorheological Plate”
- Supervisor:: Prof. S. M. Hasheminejad
- GPA: 17.4/20
- 2004-2008: High School Diploma, Mathematics and Physics.
- GPA: 19.2/20
Field of Interests
- Development of Analytical Solutions Applicable to Following Field
- Linear and Nonlinear Vibration
- Structural Acoustics
- Dynamics of Flexible and Rigid Bodies
- Control of Mechanical Systems
- Rotor Dynamics
- Computational Method for Applicable Problems
- FEM Simulation
- Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Mechanical Systems
- Design and Optimization
- Design of Mechanisms
- Design of Machines with Consideration of Vibration and Noise Issues
- Design of Control Systems
- Development of Experimental Setups:
Honors and Awards
- 2013: Member of Iran National Elites Foundation.
- 2012: Ranked 10th in the Iran National Entrance Examination in Master of Science of Mechanical Engineer.
- 2012: Ranked 10th in the 17th National Student Scientific Olympiad on Mechanical Engineering, Tehran, Iran.
- 2012: One of top ten student out of all 100 Mechanical Engineering Students, Iran University of Science and Technology.
- 2008: One of the top students at Iran National University Entrance Examination that is a very competitive test (Acquiring the rank of 421 among more than four hundred thousand high school students).
- ISI Papers:
- “Continuum models calibrated with atomistic simulations for the transverse vibrations of silicon nanowires”, Hossein Nejat Pishkenari, Bahram Afsharmanesh, Farid Tajaddodianfar, 2016, International Journal of Engineering Science 100, 8–24.
- “Surface Elasticity and size effect on the Vibrational Behavior of Silicon Nanoresonators”, Hossein Nejat Pishkenari, Bahram Afsharmanesh, Ehsan Akbari, 2015, Current Applied Physics 15 (11), 1389-1396.
- “Vibroacoustic response of an annular sandwich electrorheological plate”, Seyyed M. Hasheminejad, Bahram Afsharmanesh, 2014, Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration and Active Control, 33, 371-394.
- “Buckling and vibration of laminated composite circular plate on Winkler-type foundation”, B. Afsharmanesh, A. Ghaheri and F. Taheri-Behrooz, 2014, Steel and composite structures, 17, 1-19.
- “Study of the Dynamic Behavior of the Silicon Nanoresonators Using Molecular Dynamics Simulations”, Bahram Afsharmanesh, Ehsan Akbari, Hossein Nejat Pishkenari, The 22nd Annual International Conference on Mechanical Engineering-ISME2014.
- “Vibration and Buckling of Symmetrical laminated composite circular plate under in-plane load”, A. Ghaheri, B. Afsharmanesh, and F. Taheri-Behrooz, 2014, The 2nd International Conference on Acoustic and Vibration-ISAV2012.
- Research and Work
- Mechanism Design
- Machine Design
- Analytical Solution for Engineer Problems
- Teaching in Molecular Dynamic Workshop, Sharif University of Technology (2013).
- Teaching Assistant, Statics, Iran University of Science and Technology (2012).
- Teaching Assistant, Dynamics of Machinary, Iran University of Science and Technology (2012).
- CAD Tools: Solid Work, CATIA.
- Mathematics Tools: Matlab, Mathematica, Maple.
- Computer Programming: C, C++, Fortran.
- FEM & Multi-Physics Tools: Ansys Workbench, Comsol, Abaqus.
- Dynamic Software: MS-Adams, Sim-Designer, Simulink.
- Molecular Dynamic Packages: NAMD, LAMMPS, VMD and Gaussian.
- Test-based Software: LMS Test.Lab, ARTeMIS
- General Software: MS Office.
PLACE TO TALK WITH ME